Monday, May 16, 2011

Twizzlers Landmark Summer: My Favorite Family Road Trip Summer Destination

Family vacations have always been important to my family, from the time I was a little girl. Even after all these years, I remember how much fun family vacations were when I was a kid. Now, as a mother, I get to share and create those same family memories with my children.

My ideal family getaway is quite simple, anywhere together creates the ultimate getaway in my opinion. Whether we are spending a lazy weekend at home, going camping in the great outdoors or spending a week at the Oregon Coast. Each one of these is special in it's own way and will create lasting memories for our family.

For the past 8 summers we have gone to the Oregon Coast. A couple of times my parents have joined us, making memories with their grandchildren. Just the same as they did with their own children starting over 30 years ago.

I'm being totally honest when I say that Twizzlers are always packed when we go on a family road trip or vacation.   Yum!



According to family travel expert Emily Kaufman, “The Travel Mom,” families are starting to think past the backyard “staycation”and are rediscovering the freedom of the open road. Kaufman shares the following tips for a fun and safe family road trip:



  • Create a boredom bag. Convert a hanging travel cosmetic case into a case full of fun and hang it from the seat back in front of the kids’ seats. Consider creating fun works of art with Twizzlers
    Pull ‘n’ Peel
    Candy before snacking on them!
  • Take your trip “online.” From GPS systems to phone applications, trips are no longer a navigation nightmare.
  • Think through the snacks you pack. Avoid packing snacks that are easy to spill like juice boxes or snacks that melt. Try plastic bottles with sports tops and bring along Twizzlers Candy or Twizzlers Nibs Candy – they are easy to share and don’t melt, making them the perfect car ride treat.

What’s your favorite family road trip destination?



**By sharing this post, I am entering a contest for a Twizzlers Landmark Summer promotion prize pack as a member of the Mom Bloggers Club.

No comments: